Friday, June 26, 2020

Whispery Secrets (Some Exciting, Some Embarrassing...)

Hi. You over there, and me over here with my coffee turning cold.

Can I lean in and whisper a few things that I'm excited to tell you? 
Photo Credit: Katie Treadway, UnSplash
First, a story. When my son Daniel was a toddler, he told secrets in an unusual way. Instead of sending whispery air puffs from his mouth to my ear, he faced forward. Bringing his ear as close to my ear as he could, our heads touching, he then whispered his secrets straight out, lips forming words I was too far to hear.



Can I lean in ear to your ear? I'm excited to whisper things with you. Some of it is exciting news which I'm eager to share. Some of it is embarrassing, and I'm thinking we can laugh together, with me shrugging shoulders and grinning.

Some of the good news? 

  • My blog website is 13 years old and we've been building this online friendship for a while now, you and I. Whether you and I met through the blog, or through one of my Speaking events, or through Facebook, or in person, I'm so thankful for you. I like this habit we've grown of opening up lives and talking honestly together. 
  • Another exciting piece of news is that, together, there are over 1100 of us email subscribers -- one thousand one hundred and six, to be precise! 

Here's the embarrassing part: 

  • Due to technical difficulties, however, only some of those subscribers ever successfully received my emails. With their activation links lost in an email folder somewhere, they were repeatedly not getting the emailed stories and resources they had asked for. 

To fix that,
I've had help re-designing my website
. You are some of the first to hear that it is coming out any day! Update: HERE is the NEW WEBSITE! 

And you can laugh, in an inside-scoop-kind-of-way, when you hear me stumble through introductions in my next post, re-introducing myself to people who have asked for my emailed stories and resources, but who may have since forgotten who I am! I know. Awkward, right?

Laugh with me, rejoice with me, and grab some more hot coffee. See you soon.

If you are not receiving my posts yet, welcome! Simply enter your email address in the box under my bio at the top right of the page. Be part of any special invitations and don't miss a post! 

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I love the way Daniel used to tell secrets! I remember that.

Happy 13 years of blogging! It is a blessing (to those who've received them, and those who will be reminded! :) )

Jennifer Dougan said...

Thank you, Rachel! I appreciate this.

I enjoy reading the words you carve out too.

Jennifer Dougan
www.jenniferdougan.com

Wise Hearted said...

I am always glad when we connect through the blog world. I am so hit and miss anymore writing a post due to this move. We are still working on our little place to live, hoping to have it done before the snow flies which could be any day up in northern Mn. Need some prayer here. Thanks