Monday, January 28, 2008

So, I heard back from the publisher. They said that my "story was very compelling" and that my "style was original" but that they were too small of a printing house to do many memoir style books. So, I expected it, but it is still sad. Back to the drawing board of choosing another publisher to pursue. I am researching more of them tonight, after posting here.

So, it's encouraging that they deliberated so long over my book proposal, and that they found it "very compelling" and "original." But it's discouraging that they couldn't give me an offer. They seemed like a great publisher.

Other than that, I love this balmy, fresh warm air out there! I breathed in deeply the night's air as I walked to and from the Y and my car for J's last swim team practice tonight. Ahh, so fresh. It made me smile! J's season is over now, and he sadly said good bye to friends. It was a great first swim season for us. We'll go to the banquet in April, get his trophy, and then join the swim team again next year.

How are you? What's new in your life?

2 comments:

Muddy Toes said...

Bummer...I too find your story compelling and original...and funny and honest...and heartwarming and inspiring. On to the next publisher then until someone realizes how cool it is! I already have a list of people who are excited to read your book :o)
We're proud of J. for all his hard work on swim team!
love you guys...
C.

Jennifer Dougan said...

Thank you for the warm comments!